Contact details of the institution hosting the BHO
Mechanical Engineering Faculty, University of Niš
The BHO is hosted by the Mechanical Engineering Faculty at the University of Niš.
EURAXESS Services Centres
There are five ESCs in Serbia.
Local Contact Points
There are 51 LoCPs in Serbia.
Structure of the national network
The network consists of one BHO, five ESCs and 51 LoCPs.
Each one of the ESCs has a geographical territory of jurisdiction and carries out all the listed activities in contact with the researchers. In addition, with the aim of building up the necessary conditions and infrastructure for a national mobility network, the ESCs are responsible for developing a network of LoCPs at universities and other research institutions in their territory of jurisdiction. Some of them have specific roles, such as the following:
- University of Belgrade: Office for international and inter-university cooperation. The specific role of this ESC is to create a unique welcome office for the initial contact with incoming researchers, giving advice, assistance and all the necessary basic information.
- University of Kragujevac: Office for international and inter-university cooperation.
- University of Novi Sad: Office for international cooperation. The specific role of this ESC is to obtain and publish data about available opportunities in order to increase outgoing mobility.
- University of Niš: Office for international cooperation. The specific role of this ESC is to obtain and publish data about available opportunities in order to increase intersectoral mobility.
- Faculty of Information Technology: As the only private institution in the national mobility network, it has a special assignment—to research the conditions for increasing incoming and outgoing mobility at private universities and other research institutions.
Each ESC is connected with associated LoCPs.
- Full-time equivalent staff:
- Number of persons:
- BHO: 2
- BHO: 8
- ESC: 5
- ESC: 10
- LoCP: 5
- LoCP: 51
Declaration of Commitment (DoC)
All institutions in the network have signed the DoC.
National funding of the EURAXESS Services Network
Until September 2011, EURAXESS activities are funded by the EC (as part of the SER-MORE project—Development of Serbian Network of Mobility Centres, grant 225076).
After September 2011, funding will be provided by the Ministry of Education and Science and by universities.
Target groups of the Bridgehead Organisation
- university management
Target groups of the EURAXESS Services Centres
- faculty management
Target groups of the Local Contact Points
Relationship and communication between the BHO, the Steering Group for Human Resources and Mobility for Researchers (SG HRM), the National Contact Points (NCPs) and the Programme Committee
The Serbian BHO is one of two representatives of Serbia in the SG HRM and is also a member of the People Programme Committee. The second member of the People Programme Committee is the NCP for the People Programme.