Contact details of the institutions hosting the BHOs
Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG)
Division of European and International Programmes
Sensengasse 1, 1090 Vienna
Phone: +43 57755-4608
URL website: www.ffg.at
Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research (OeAD-GmbH)
Ebendorferstraße 7, 1010 Vienna
Phone: +43 1 534 08-252
URL website: www.ffg.at
URL EURAXESS site: www.euraxess.at
The Republic of Austria has two government-run BHOs.
The FFG (Austrian Research Promotion Agency) is the national funding institution for applied research. The Division of European and International Programmes represents the Austrian NCP Organisation for FP7.
The OeAD-GmbH (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) is the Austrian agency for international mobility and cooperation in education, science and research.
EURAXESS Services Centres
Both BHOs also act as ESCs.
Local Contact Points
There are 34 LoCPs located in research support units and international offices of Austrian universities and universities of applied sciences as well as in regional consultancy and information offices.
Structure of the national network
The Austrian Federal Ministry of Science and Research (BMWF) is the national coordinator of EURAXESS Austria. The Austrian BHOs/ESCs and the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science and Research (BMWF) meet regularly and are in contact on a daily routine basis. These three organisations are in frequent contact with the ECPs through various channels, such as newsletters, emails, promotional activities, etc.
All those involved in the Austrian EURAXESS network—at least 44 people—need to be updated with current developments at the European/national level. Coordination is one of the main tasks in the network.
EURAXESS staff members in Austria spend approximately 5-30 % of their total hours working for EURAXESS. Labour turnover among LoCP staff is high.
|Full-time equivalent staff||Number of persons|
|BHO: 50 %||BHO: 4|
|ESC: 40 %||ESC: 6|
|LoCP: 200 %||LoCP:(persons in charge) 34|
Declaration of Commitment (DoC)
Both BHOs/ESCs and 19 of the 34 LoCPs have signed the DoC.
National funding of the EURAXESS Services Network
Austrian BHOs, ESCs and LoCPs do not receive extra funding for EURAXESS activities from the ministries.
Target groups of the Bridgehead Organisations/EURAXESS Services Centres
- Universities and research organisations (research support units, international offices, HR departments)
- Austrian Ministry of Science and Research (BMWF) and other ministries
- Researchers (incoming/outgoing) and their families
- EURAXESS Services partners at the national level
- EURAXESS Services partners at the European level
- Networks at the national level (research promotion working group of the Austrian universities, doktorat.at, Euroguidance, Europass, Eurodesk, Europe direct, EURES, Enterprise Europe Network, etc.)
- Lobbying organisations (Federation of Austrian Industries-IV, Austrian Federal Economic Chamber–WKO)
- National funding organisations
- Institution hosting the BHO (internal)
- National authorities
Target groups of the Local Contact Points
- Incoming/outgoing researchers and their families at the institutional level
- EURAXESS Services partners at the national level.
Relationship and communication between the BHOs, the Steering Group for Human Resources and Mobility for Researchers (SG HRM), the National Contact Points (NCPs) and the Programme Committee
The Austrian member of the SG HRM is the same person as the national EURAXESS coordinator. The BHOs/ESCs and the national EURAXESS coordinator meet on a regular basis, about 4-6 times a year.
The person responsible for EURAXESS at the FFG BHO is also the NCP for the People Programme. Since all national NCPs in Austria work under one roof, there is ample communication and coordinated efforts concerning EURAXESS. The People NCP has a long-standing working relationship with the programme committee member; hence there is well-established, frequent communication between the BHOs/ESCs, the SG HRM, the NCP and the Programme Committee member on a regular basis.